Thursday, February 10, 2011

Drop it low girl, drop it, drop it low

     Last night was one of those nights that is embarrassing now, but in 2 or 3 years I'll have a good laugh with my friend........Okay who am I kidding? Last night was hilarious and I know it! My friend, Natalia , texted me some excited news that triggered our whole celebratory evening. "I got the house =D". (that equals sign and capital d is the smiley that let me knew she was ready to party). I could not wait to get off work to congratulate my home owning friend.
     We popped a bottle of wine as we decided what to wear. Danced around the apartment, even had somewhat of a wrestling match over Natalia insisting to take a nap. A NAP? On HER night? No fear, I was there to rescue her from that dreadful idea. After shaking her, dumping her off the bed, and playing air guitar with her leg to the blaring song "I believe In a Thing Called Love" she finally agreed....a nap just was not an option. So we did what we had to do (in case you aren't aware, that means we popped another bottle of wine and called our cabby).
     Hooray! Our cab driver arrived. As we took one last look in the mirror I realized how much more functional Natalia's outfit was than mine. "Shoot, I should wear jeans if we're going to be dancing tonight, plus it's a Wednesday...Why am in a dress?" Natalia knew what that meant....ANOTHER wardrobe change. She decided to assist me, "Those white jeans looked really cute the other night....wear those and lets go!" I quickly changed, and out the door we went.
     We met our friend Jordan (a.k.a Jodie) at Jazz'd (the sweetest tapas bar in Savannah) and had ourselves a bloody mary. It's always a good time when the 3 Musketeers are hanging out.  We had some pretty entertaining conversations. We talked about how "BM" would not be an appropriate nickname to order a bloody mary with. I notified them that I had to go to the bathroom, they laughed and said "what else is new." We talked about how Jordan is leaving us to go throw poop at monkeys in Texas, etc. Basically it was just three friends shooting the shit (yes pun intended). In all the commotion Natalia knocked over her glass. I breathed a sigh of relief, that was a close call for my white jeans. Natalia and I naturally celebrated by handing Hagan (our fabulous bartender) her blackberry to take some photos of us.



     We were on our 5oth picture retake since Hagan, although a wonderful bartender, is an awful photographer. All of a sudden, Natalia lost her balance and spilled blooy mary on my white jeans! Well, actually on my friend Devon's white jeans....which was even worse! However, that wonderful bartender I mentioned before , quickly brought me some seltzer water that washed that Zing Zang right out. I breathed a sigh of relief. We decided that was enough close calls in Jazz'd and we wanted to go dance. Off to Seed we went.
     Let me tell you, the base was pumping! My favorite, Savannah DJ was controlling the atmosphere. His name is DJ Cesar and he really rocks! You can find him at Seed and Crypt most nights!  There was somewhat of a dance battle going on in the middle of the floor. These guys could really break dance. They were doing all sorts of flips and spins. So OBVIOUSLY, I decided to battle.
     I cleared the circle, smiled, tilted my head to one shoulder then the next to loosen up a little and went in for the kill. A perfect handstand! Yes! I even did some walking and a dramatic twist on one hand to land in a cute pose seated gracefully on the floor one knee up and one leg (with a pointed toe) stretched in front. So it wasn't break dancing and I looked like a massive dork, but I got  some major props. One guy even took me aside and tried to teach me a few tricks.
     I finally left the battling to the professionals and went back to dancing with my friends. Natalia and I were really shaking our bootys off, afterall, this was a CELEBRATION. The song "Drop It Low" by Easter Dean ft. Chris Brown came on. Our hearts pumped faster, our hands reached to the ceiling and we let out a big "woooooo i love this song," which is the natural response at every song change. Something in that song inspired me....I told my self I was really going to drop it low. Please play it below so that you can experience the power of this song as you read over the following events.

ester dean drop it low remix feat. lil wayne chris brown trey songz and diddy


     I got my sexiest face on and jokingly gave my friend the "come hither finger" (come hither finger= when you extend your arm, palm facing up, make a fist, then extend your pointer finger and curl it up slowly a few times). Alright this was it...I was determined to give it my all. I dropped it low...success!!! As I stood back up, I got cocky. I was going to do it again, this time adding a few bounces. The first two bounces were executed perfectly, and I guess I decided I liked it down there. As I took my last bounce I heard a rip, even over all the music. I quickly stood up, squeezed my cheeks and turned my fanny to the wall. I turned to Natalia and our conversation and sights played out as follows:

H: "Oh my goodness...i just dropped it low"
N: " Yeah i saw, get it girl! woooo..!"


H: "No, no, no, Nataliaaaa.....I ripped my pants!"


N: "Bahahaha..."


H: "Is it bad?"

N: "bahahahahahahahahahahaha......."


H: "What are you laughing at? Now you have to rip yours."


N: What? Why?

H: "Nataliaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......iiiiit'll be fuuuuny.." (said in my most convincing voice)
 
     I won't go into details  but this conversation ended with a split and Natalia ripping both of her pants legs straight down the center of her upper thighs to her ankles. We continued to dance the night away (p.s. the bar was dark and you couldn't see my butt as long as I stayed standing). Needless to say, I kept to the fist pumping the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment