Thursday, August 23, 2012

To be continued

Dear Lillian,
     I never thought in a million years that being an aunt would bring so many uncontrollably and beautiful feelings. I will never forget the night i waited for your arrival at the hospital. The whole 9 months and that night all my focus was on my big sister. The time I spent with her while she carried you around in her belly will forever be irreplaceable. It's truly the first time I felt your mother an I exhibited every aspect of the precious relationship that is sisterhood. Its the first time I didn't feel like the "youngest daughter," but instead like the protective guardian. When your grandfather, Ben, showed me the picture message of your sweet face my whole focus shifted. I was completely overcome with emotions of love. My fist words were "I didn't know I was going to love her this much," as I faught to breath through my choking sobs. I still may not know what it means to be an aunt, but I do know a few things for sure. I love you and that could never change. I will always be available to you if you ever need anything. I will accept the person you choose to be. I will never cast judgement on any mistake you may make. I will beleive in you no matter if you loose faith in yourself. I will fight for you. I will cry with you. I will laugh with you. I will always be your aunt Helen and I will always love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment