Thursday, August 16, 2012

Somebody that I used to know

     Having a little trouble sleeping. This probably has something to do with the coffe/energy drink I had after work. I decided to take this idle time to share some thoughts. I just moved back into the dorm life at 23. I have very mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I have not been looking forward to being surrounded by younger and new college students. It's nothing personal, I have mostly always gotten along with an older crowd..... And even THEY have their moments of immaturely wasting time on extraneous drama.
     Drama..... I hate to even use that word because it is so over used and mostly by people who welcome it as a necessary companion, only to talk behind its back and say things like, "omg, I hate drama," or "drama just finds me."
     Anyways, I'm getting off topic. My point being there was a huge apprehension about surrounding myself with people who may not have found their "big picture," yet. However, there was and is still a part of me who looks forward to having a reminder of how drastically different my mindset is compared to when I took my first go around at college. So far things have been great. It's only been a week and I don't know my roommates to well but it's really funny that I see scattered fragments of the 18 year old Helen in each of them. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment