Monday, January 24, 2011

Ladies Night! Free Drinks and Glares!

     One of my best friends, Natalia (who also confuses people by going by Natasha), called me last Wednesday to see if we still had plans to go out and relieve some stress! I exclaimed "LADIES NIGHT AT THE CRYPT! FREE DRINKS TILL 12!" Five minutes later we were calling our favorite cab driver, Henry Hilliard. We only bothered changing our work pants to jeans. We weren't trying to impress anyone, since there would be mostly ladies at "lady's night." I even sported a bandanna to hide my unwashed hair. 
     We walked in smiling and completely ready for our free drinks. Even with our full coverage coats and downplayed look we seemed to offend all the double X chromosomes in the room. The bar consisted of 5 men to about 60 women. All 60 of those women stopped dead in their tracks as we passed the threshold. They glared deeply at us, as if to say "DON'T YOU SEE THERE ARE ENOUGH VAGINAS IN HERE?!" Ummm..Talk about awkward. Natalia and I are pretty tough girls, but we were surrounded. I felt as though we had just stumbled into a pack of wild lions and it just so happened to be mating season....greeeaaaat. Our lives seemed to be slightly in danger.
     We crept to the bar with modest smiles. As we patiently waited for a bartender, a black haired girl whose face was adorned with orange bronzer and a cold stare approached us. I spoke up "Hey, do ladies..." An eye roll and head nod interrupted the completion of my question. "Ok well...," as I thought what drink to order, I was interrupted again with a very impatient "What do you want?" We kept it simple and went for the cranvodkas. In perfect synchrony, Natalia and I reached for two plastic "to-go" cups and hit the door.
     Thank goodness you can walk around downtown Savannah with drinks, and thank goodness we escaped with our lives. By the way "ladies," (and I use the term loosely, you snarling beasts), were the 5 goofy men in the bar worth all of that hostility???  I promise this is NO exaggeration.....i felt like I was in the twilight zone!
     Anyways, we ran to see our friend Jordan, who we, along with his grandmother, like to call Jodie (pictured above). Mr. Jodie let us into the Mataharhi (a bar in Savannah that you have to be a key holder to enjoy). We turned the night around by playing some pool, dancing to some swing music, and eventually getting some recognition for just how badass we are. the owner of the Mataharhi handed us the keys to the bar, that would normally cost us 50 bucks a piece.
     Yet again another girls night turned into Natalia and I ditching the ladies for our guy friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment